Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Some more days to go...

I have been staying away from browsing, checking emails and BTG for a while as I don't want to get distracted (I'm easily dis-tractable, a reason is this post itself :) )

I had a 5% thought on July 27th to postpone GMAT, was not sure, but felt, may be I can work more hard for a month and can do well in the GMAT, but that thought subsided when I thought that, what if for the next attempt I am not so healthy and prepared as I am now. I also prayed god that day when I heard a feeble voice not too-- so dropped the plans of any postponement.

Coming to my concerns, below are some:

1. CR is taking around 2 mins 30 secs for questions ranging 600-800 level range in GMATPREP. (I have been using GMATFIX software)- Need to develop a strategy
2. SC, I want to revise all OG 12 Questions and Verbal supplement by 3rd, I am on track-- but still gotta do like 150 of them. I wanted to do GMATFIX SC's but I dont think I have time. So will focus only on OG SC.
3. RC- When I do practice I really do well- 95% in 6 mins max. But when it comes to attempting the same in exam, my accuracy is around 75%. I think its the nerves that catching - I need to find a way to fix it.
4. Math - I am going through my GMATPREP exams and figuring out topics I am still weak at; There are some topics still remaining which I want to complete. Also, I wanted to revise Math every day- I made good notes on CO-ORD Geometry, Remainders, Absolute Problems- Which I need to go through. (Probability and Combinations are the two topics I do know well before , but I havent touched the basics yet- gotta do those)
5. Flash Cards - I have around 50-60 flash cards, which I want to review every day.
6. AWA - Havent touched yet, but in 2 mock exams I wrote AWA. Will write down my templates soon.

I need to focus on these, which will be my focus for the next couple of days beside writing exams. Hope to carry that tempo and a little luck along the way :)

Coming Exams:
07/29 - Kaplan 8
07/30 - Kaplan 7
08/01 - 08/03 - GMATPREP
08/05 - MainExam

P.S: I will try to stay away from blogging again..already took 20 mins to type this blog :(

1 comment:

  1. how are you feeling today about the exam? I wish you luck and will completely understand if you don't find the time to respond to my post!

    ReplyDelete