I went through all the passages in OG12 for questions based on primary purpose and made a gist of what I learnt. One interesting thing I found is, I was able to answer all the questions, except one, correct. I have learnt that, after you read a paragraph, you got to jot down what does it say in 1 line, do the same for the rest and then summarize using 2-3 words what the passage is like, the passage explains/challenges/discuss etc., I have made a list of how each passage is laid out structurally and what are the most often key words used and wrong key words used in the an excel. Will review it often. Below is a summary of my learning.
Most often used wrong word: Methodology (Means method, principles). The passage explains a theory, but a answer choice is there which says methodology is explained. A theory and methodology are not same.
Some more wrong words used: Alternate explanation, Recent (Make sure a word such as new, current, today are used for recent, and specifically an alternate is proposed)
Most often used pattern structure: Explain/Discuss - out of 24 passages, 23 passages explained or discussed about something, only one challenged.
Other: When you see recent word - wrong answer would used "past" word and vice versa. If a date is mentioned, like In 1889, then wrong answer would say recently.
Thats it for today..Gotta do some CR and review math and then sleep :)
No comments:
Post a Comment