Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Getting Ready for My Kaplan Exam at 9 PM

Yesterday was a tough day, I could only study from 6 am- 9:30 am, 11:30 am - 2:30 pm, and 8:30 pm - 10:00 pm. Due to daily family activities, I have to spend the rest of the time to do some shopping for home etc., Anyways I could do RC-5, SC -40, CR-15 and no math. I got disappointed with my accuracy in CR/RC, around 70%. Not sure what I need to do, but I could pin point some issues with RC, which I will carefully work today. Couple of things I did last two days was to make a strategy on approaching any RC/CR; I made the strategy based on Kaplan/MGMAT and my experience with practicing the questions. I am applying this strategy whenever I work on a CR/RC. Anyways, I have a kaplan exam due today evening. Here is what I am planning to do

1. Complete Reviewing All Incorrect questions in OG CR (around 15q/33q)
2. Same for RC (15q/50q)
3. Same for SC (15q/34q)

I also made a check list of current weak points I have in Verbal and I will be working on those to fix them. Alas, Let me start working on these as its already 8 AM and I am planning to write exam around 9 PM, evening.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Madhu! Don't burn yourself out! Do the best you can on the GMAT and then focus on writing outstanding personal statemens. I'm Kaneisha, and I am a Harvard Business School graduate who owns an essay and career coaching company called The Art of Applying. I'm offering free and discounted essay coaching services to bloggers and I'd like to give you more information. Please send me an email so I can tell you how to participate!

    Best,
    Kaneisha
    The Art of Applying
    http://theartofapplying.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kaneisha for your advice, I will try to not burn out. I will reach you once I am done with my GMAT

    ReplyDelete
  3. to be honest, it is very hard for me to believe someone can be accepted to Harvard Business without a high Gmat score.(unless you are not son/daughter of president :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goal is beautiful Wharton though. Hope god gives me a chance :).

    ReplyDelete