Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Low score on MGMAT...What's next>>

Very much down after my MGMAT exam, I got a 590 in it. Well, its already 1:00 AM, so I have to see what went wrong in my exam tommorrow. But pretty disappointing performance. I have to see what I need to improve. Feeling bad about the test now :(

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Your disappointment is understandable but the diagnostic test of the MGMAT is quite tough and you shouldn't lose your heart just as yet. If you haven't tried the OGs then you should attack them. I guess a great way to start is to take the redundant Powerprep test, even though they are a bit easier than the actual gmat, they provide a good starting point if you still haven't started with your OGs. And ofcourse GMATprep tests can be taken towards the completion of your prep.

    I know you didn't ask for my advise but still, as an experienced GMATer I can tell you that you have to discover your weeknesses and cover them. Practice topics of Quants that let you down and especially verbal topics like CR and RC. It is very important to have areas of strong hold so that you feel confident on those sections. So don't worry, there are enough resources out there to help you find your way back on track. Follow online GMAT blogs, they are very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vivek,

    Thanks for your advice, really appreciate it man. I have already completed OG 12, but I need to revisit the wrong ones and see why they were wrong. I think my major problem yesterday was concentration and I was worried much about time than quality of answer selection. Somehow when I practice I have very high concentration and I apply most of the strategies, but when I am in exam mode, I tend to lose concentration during the first 15 questions, I think more about the exam and the time.
    I am going through the wrong ones today to pinpoint what i need to do. But, Again thanks for your advice Vivek.

    Madhu

    ReplyDelete