Have been working on GMAT for the last 2 days, relatively focused. Still back of the mind I am thinking whether I should focus on quantity or whether I need to focus on quality. I have been reaffirming myself that right now I am on revision mode until 18th and from 19th I will be on doing more questions.
Also, I have thought to read fewer debriefs of other people than I was doing everyday (around 2-5), because even though it does help me with tips and confidence, it leads me to think whether I should do new questions from various other sources- and accordingly it might affect my plans. So I am limiting myself reading less debriefs. Now onto plans and goals, below are some goals set and achieved:
07/15 - 07/17
SC: Completed comparison questions (Quantitative comparisons) - Made a notes of all questions collected and how to approach. I couldnt complete SC notes revision and OG 12. I have thought to first fix the major weak points and then revise. Now I am confident about Comparisons, and will move to Parallelism slowly. Plan is around 25th I want to complete all the major topics in SC with Solid revision.
CR: All weaken and Strengthen questions in OG 12(Reviewd Power Score chapters). Made some notes of tips/traps and how to approach. My approach involves carefully reading premise/conclusion, write down the premise/concl- short hand- predict and then remember whats the conclusion and attack each answer choice - will take me around 2 - 2.5 mins
RC: Completed around 10 passages in OG with speed timer. Did some LSAT passages on 15th. But I thought no reason to go to LSAT before I fix my timing. So focussing only on OG 10 + 12 with timer. Goal is to complete each passage in around 6 mins. Now i average around 8.
Math: Completed Rate Problems and Quadratic Eqns; Made a list of all tough questions, concepts in a doc.
I will be working more on Verbal parts CR/RC for the next up coming days. I will just review concepts in Math for about 1 -1.5 hour each day and SC I will do like 20 questions (weak points) and the rest of the time I will focus on CR/RC.
Todays Goals
1. CR: Review Assumptions/Conclusions/Evaluate Questions [Update: Done - Made Notes]
2. RC: 5 -10 passages [ Update: 7:30 - 10:00pm]
3. SC : 20 Questions
4. Math: Review Notes + Inequalities.
My Scores:
06/08/2010 Kaplan : 600 (Q:59% V: 53%)
06/28/2010 Kaplan 2 : 650 (Q: 77% V: 64%)
07/03/2010 Kaplan 3 : (Q:99% ) - Exam Ended After Quant
07/07/2010 GMATPREP 1 : 730 (Q50, V39)
07/10/2010 MGMAT3 : 590
07/15/2010 KAPLAN 4 : 660 (Q:92% V:40%)
07/22/2010 Kaplan 5
No comments:
Post a Comment