Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Like a rabbit, I start again :)

Like a rabbit moves slowly towards her destination, am also preparing slowly towards GMAT. I try to keep some time every day for GMAT, may be not a hour but atleast 20 mins here and there. My focus these days especially has been on GRockitt, an excellent online tool for sharpening any topic-subtopic. I have completed around 150 questions, with 80% accuracy in Verbal. I havent started math yet, but slowly I will.

I want to complete some basics in Math before I hit onto practice sessions. My "sweet" wife got me a book from India for Math, its from a GRE training center in India, VISU. The book provides necessary formulae in a small section for each topic and then provides 10 different kinds of problems on each topic. My wife used this book to score a 780 in Math GRE. I am thinking to select one topic for example., Geometry, and go through this book and GMAT Club Notes and Manhattan GMAT Geometry book and make my notes (only the points I dont know), and then practice problems behind each text book. I will keep around 3/5 problems to work on Geometry when I move onto the next topic (Inequalities etc.,)

Coming to Verbal Practice, I am going to just use GRockitt to complete 10-20 CR, 4 RC, 10-20 SC and review the wrong ones. My goal for the month of september will be to focus on weak areas in each section and strenthen them.

Goals for September Month:
Verbal Goal:
  • My goal is to get good at SC- Comparison - Modifier - Parallelism by end of this month.
  • CR Goal is to identify Conclusion, Premises and paraphrase the assumption and confidently go into answers. Mainly I need to strategize my approach..I am not going to go into answers with out a paraphrase--I need to try my best to come up with an assumption or a paraphrase of the answer before I move in
  • RC Goal-- Make an approach for each question. For Main theme- paraphrase and go; For inference/detail - Go back to passage.

Math September Goal:

  • Probability/Combinations
  • Inequalities (Optional)
  • Geometry

My GMAT Times would be

  1. RC - Lunch time( 12 pm -1 pm)
  2. SC - Evening (45 mins)
  3. CR - Need to decide, I need around 45 mins
  4. Math - Need to decide - Probably around 1.5 hours (Early Morning/Late evening)

Labor day weekend is coming, not sure whether I should keep time to study or just go out and chill, I really want to keep books aside really far..as far as possible :) and just go out and enjoy, but that would ruin my confidence after labor day weekend. I need to manage my time so that I keep some for study and some for taking my wife out. I thought about starting applications, but I havent taken a decision on that -- since there are so many things on my plate to juggle (work, my wife delivery in Dec, house search, GMAT, car search etc.,)--Literally its packed :). But I'm loving the juggle..

Finally, an article about SMILE and its benefits below, I liked it and have been practicing it at work and it has good results..:)

Smile and its benefits: http://www.thercg.org/youth/articles/0101-s.html

Adios...good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment