Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hello GMAT

Hi..Everyone..Thought to keep a blog about my preparation for GMAT for a while, finally today my thought took action. I have been preparing for GMAT for about a month or two regularly, but recently had some burnouts which caused my motivation to go down, especially today when I wanted to study for 6-8 hours, but my mind was not allowing me as I was studying until 2 AM yesterday night. So the blog is a motivation for me to follow fellow GMAT bloggers and keep myself motivated. Below is a prep I have been doing for a month or two:

1. SC

Completed OG 12, Verbal Review,
Reviewed MGMAT notes (not thoroughly yet)
Accuracy: 80% out of 220 questions attempted

2. CR
Completed: LSAT All Strengthen, Weaken, Assumptions and some 10 tests
Accuracy in LSAT: Started with 50% moved to 80%.
I have noted that LSAT CR and GMAT CR are way different in terms of answer choices. (LSAT answers are predictable not GMAT)
OG 12 CR : Accuracy around 80%, but taking around 2.5 mins average
Verbal Review CR: Under Progress

3. RC
Completed
- LSAT RC (10 Sets) ; Accuracy around 70%, but timing is horrible around 12-14 minutes.
- OG 12 ; Accuracy around 80%
- Verbal Review: Accuracy around 80%

4. Math
Completed: Around 600 OG 12 Questions, PS Accuracy 92%, DS Accuracy 78%

Courses I am taking: KAPLAN (You can take practice exams at test center, thats main reason why I took this..also they got nice tips for Math)

Books I am referring: MGMAT, OG and LSAT.
=================================================================
So, this was the effort I kept until now, but I have to keep more smart work going a head. I got around 40- 50 days before I go for my main exam. Below is a tentative schedule I am following going a head

Daily:
SC - OG 12, 40 questions with 1 min per question
CR - Verbal Review - 20, Try the T-method in MGMAT, predict answer, find what kind of reasoning the question has and proceed
RC - Daily 4 RC

Math - I am not getting time to work on math, but I want to focus on weak points I have, for example:- probability- Work problems

Besides this I am maintaining notes (hard) for everything I am learning, this tip i got from a beatthegmat post.

Today I am planning to complete

CR
-Verbal Review 33-43 questions. Goal: Standardize the methodology for each question.
RC
- 4 Passages, with focus on Main Idea and Inorder to questions.
SC
- Review 5 questions which you got incorrect in OG 12; Revise Notes
Math
- No time to practice, but will review 10 previous incorrect questions..

Lets do it..

No comments:

Post a Comment